Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Incredible Machine & Oregon Trail II

The Incredible Machine V 3.0 (1995)
published by Sierra Entertainment

This looked interesting to me but I couldn't get it to run properly. I tried changing the computer's screen resolution but that didn't solve the problem. I tried using a different computer but had the same problem. I looked for solutions on the internet but had difficulties finding any useful information. I finally threw in the towel, put the software back in the cabinet and chose something else.

Oregon Trail II by MECC (1996)

This is another game that I have heard a lot about but never played until last Thursday's class. I did not have to install this game because it was already installed on the computer I was using in the lab. The first thing that struck me were the detailed graphics. This surprised me since the game was designed back in '96. I was able to talk with other settlers along the way and ask their advice. There were plenty of towns with trading posts to resupply my party. I didn't get
too far into the game but got the gist early on. I read somewhere that this version has several random events that may or may not occur during game play. I was hoping
for a Buffalo stampede but it didn't happen this time.

No comments: